A new Turtle Purse, just finished, number 240.
Today I put the binding on 4 quilts, and made the hanging sleeves. You have seen these already, it’s just finishing details. And I made a new Coneflowers and Mums quilt, which I will show you when it’s quilted, tomorrow or Wednesday.
I have news too. I will be a featured speaker and teacher at the Great Lakes Quilt Guild, in April. I’m doing a trunk show, and teaching a Quick as aWink Quilt.
And, I will be vending at the Good Thyme Garden Club regional meeting, Oct. 22. I hope to have many new flower quilts for sale there. It’s always feast or famine, so I’m doing all the shows I can while it’s available.
Mudcloth, made with real mud from Mali. It has a real name too, but I can’t think of it now. I made it yesterday, and washed out the mud today. The painting came out very black. The cloth was treated with a tea wash to make the mud stain set. The mud is from a secret place, and must ferment before use. I believe this cloth is hand woven too. It was a very fun project. Number 203.