American Animals Art Salad Challenge! These were the entries this month. they were great! The watercolor bird is a Spoonbill, by Kathe Suddendorf. The ink and paint Skunk is Zentangles style, by Sandy Webster. Anne Sheill emphasized the maternal aspect of her animal, a Cougar collage, with calligraphy. And the furry bird is a RoadRunner, by Kat Campau.
It was a fun challenge, and we did some things not in our comfort zone, so a success. 241

More of my sketches. This is kind of like hanging out your underwear, a bit too revealing. I have a mix here, of blind contour drawings, which I think are the best ones, and Picasso dogs and people. The monkey, rat, giraffe, and 2 Ricks were done blind. The homely people are suffering my lack of skill. But the last one is my favorite, and I did it while trying!

This quilt is done from a monoprint. I first painted on a piece of fabric, and when I lifted the piece, an image was on the table. So, I put a clean fabric on it, and smoothed it down. The result was a less clear image of the one I painted. Cool, huh?

This was my booth at Art Walk, at The Stone Arch event center. The space is lovely. There are beautiful stained glass windows all around, all works of art. The lighting was good, the the room spacious. It was a great show.
And I got paid for a purchase, in Art Bucks. They are currency issued by Arts Alliance, which can be used to buy art from members. Then it will be redeemed for cash. The Art Bucks are very pretty money. And I felt special to get the first ones our group had seen.
The table was where I sat sewing on my machine, doing demos for visitors.

This is a table, designed by Margie Bovee, our illustrious leader. The 212 numbers are about 36″ high, and hold a table top. The house behind it, is 3 banners printed on vinyl, that looks so real I did a double take. It was like looking out the window, and seeing the real house.

These are 2 of 4 pieces I made in California. First, I did a drawing and made a freezer paper stencil of it. Then I painted on bleach discharge paste. After waiting for it to lighten, I washed it, and rinsed with a bleach stop product. Then, after drying, I painted my image with watercolor paints. I highlighted them with oil paint sticks, and crayons. Then I heat set it all, and layered and quilted them. Carolyn Villars, a very talented artist was the leader for this project.
I learned it’s important to test for bleachability first. ( I didn’t, mine wasn’t good at releasing color. That’s a good quality for a quilt fabric.) Number 228, 229.