Scarf, embroidered

2015-05-31 16.05.43  This is how it looked after stitching. Before stitching, I laid a piece of water soluble stabilizer on the table. Then I ripped up strips of batik fabrics and laid them all over it. Some are laid in ripples, some circles, some in lines. Then I laid the same size piece of stabilizer on top of it all, and pinned it severely.

Then I sewed it all down, using free motion and embroidery thread. Lots of sewing, hours of it. When it was completely stitched, I dropped it in a sink of warm water. The white part washed away. 2015-05-31 16.06.19 I’ll show you when it’s dry.

Wooden Door

2015-05-29 14.07.36 This quilt was started a long time ago, but finished last night. It was a challenge from Lynn Krawczyk, to the Running With Scissors group. She cut a photo into 4 parts, and we were each to make all parts in the actual size, then trade 3 pieces and keep one, to reassemble. The hands of 4 artists would be in everyone’s finished quilt. The timing was difficult to coordinate, and I ended up keeping all my parts. And now they are ready to show.

Lake Sumter Waterlilies

2015-05-27 20.52.16 Newly made, of silk and cotton. I planned to roll the binding edge over, so it was invisible. But the quilt seemed to need a stopping point on the edges, so it shows. It has a lot of horizontal lines that look better contained.

I got the shaded look by using a bunch of different colors of silk, and after I covered it all with black tulle and quilted it,  I tore off some of the tulle.